Wrinkles naturally develop on the face when you make expressions like a laugh, squint, frown, raising the eyebrows, etc. The wrinkles are not shown during the youthful days as there is the presence of abundant collagen in the face. This collagen production begins to deteriorate with age, making it tougher for the skin to bounce back. There are many types of skin repair treatments available in the market that claim to even the wrinkle lines. Choosing the right treatment that works fine for you is important to accomplish a youthful skin that matches with requirements.
What are wrinkle relaxers? How do they work?
Wrinkle relaxers are injectables that are given to the face to relax the muscles that lead to wrinkles and fine lines. They will even the presence of lines and develops younger-looking skin. These wrinkle relaxers are a non-invasive choice for removing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. There are different types of injectables used as wrinkle relaxers like Botox, Xeomin, and Dysport.
These substances work by relaxing only the muscles underneath the wrinkles in the injected site. The muscles in the other areas remain intact without any changes. The results are temporary and the wrinkles return to the state before the treatment.
The wrinkle relaxers are majorly used for treating below issues:
• Forehead wrinkles and fine lines
• Crows feet at the sideways of the eyes
• Frown lines amidst the eyebrows
• Smoker’s lines or Upper lip lines.
• Bunny scrunches on Upper part of the nose
• Mouth Corners
- You must have a thorough discussion with the medical practitioner before the treatment session. It is essential to know if any underlying skin issues or any other medical conditions that may affect this treatment. They will also look at your particular issues and will design a specific treatment plan depending on all these factors. It is suggested not to perform any strenuous physical activity a few hours before the treatment. It will enhance the blood flow in the muscles that could lead to bruises in the injection site. Exercise will also enhance the metabolic rate that decreases the treatment efficiency.
- Wrinkle relaxer treatment is done by injecting specific amounts of injectables into the intended muscle with the aid of a tiny needle. The treatment is very simple and lasts for around 20 minutes. There will be negligible discomfort which doesn’t demand the use of an anesthetic. If you are tensed too much about the pain, a mild ice pack or an anesthetic cream could be employed before the procedure.
- Photographs are taken before the procedure to see the difference after the treatment. They are also useful to analyze the results of the treatment for every individual. These elements are analyzed to regulate any doses in future treatment and accomplish improved outcomes. As everybody is different it is crucial to customize the treatment depending on the responses.
Things to be taken care of after the procedure:
Some care has to be taken especially for 24 hours after the treatment.
- Refrain from performing physical exercise.
- Do not press or massage the injected area as it needs to be in a relaxed state.
- Refrain from taking a hot bath or saunas.
- You could consult the doctor for any cream to be applied for minor bruises.
- Refrain from using skincare products consisting of elements like vitamin c, lactic acid, retinol, and other harsh perfumes or colors.
- Do not apply any oil containing makeups.
- Refrain from performing any chemical peels, waxing, or any beauty treatments for 2 weeks post-procedure.
Any side effects?
- There are chances of minor bruises particularly if you are consuming blood-thinning medicines. Such bruises disappear within no time but a mild ice pack could provide soothing relief.
- Some individuals may develop redness or small bumps (Similar to a mosquito bite) at the injection site for 10-20 minutes. These issues are minor too and can be easily covered with minor makeup.
- Underlying skin infection in the treatment area could lead to complications if not noticed before the procedure.
How long do wrinkle relaxers last?
These results of this treatment do not have any harmful side effects but it is also temporary. The effects will last around four months, and wrinkles again appear to the same condition before the procedure. But the exact time of retaining results is reliant on the type of wrinkle relaxer used in the treatment. Every type of relaxer has its advantages and variation in results. Hence it is important to select a reliable therapist who knows the ins and out of the treatment. They will suggest the best injectable depending on skin type and other requirements.
If you are a lively person who engages in a lot of physical activities or exercises the wrinkles may be metabolized soon. This may cause wrinkle lines to appear sooner than expected. As you see the effects wearing off you could opt for a follow-up procedure for sustaining the results. In contrast, if you do not like the results or have any side effects you could discontinue them anytime.
Who can go for wrinkle relaxer treatment:
Everybody is aging with time, but some age at a brisk pace than others. The skin may also be exposed to environmental elements like sun, extreme colds, and pollutants that could influence the speed of aging. While a person of any age who notices wrinkles, frown lines, crow eyes around the eyes, vertical necklines, etc can go for this treatment. There no exception to a particular age or gender for opting for these wrinkle relaxers. But pregnant, breastfeeding women and individuals with some underlying medical conditions need to refrain from this aesthetic treatment.
Wrinkle relaxing injections have been on the market since 1980 and have very few side effects. But it is equally important to choose an advanced and reliable med spa-like Alchemy West. We are unique from other spas by providing innovative boutique-style aesthetics experience and modern procedures.