With the aging skin, you may be wondering every day when you look at the mirror to see the appearance of new fine lines and wrinkles. Wrinkles are part of the natural aging process, but thanks to advancements in medical science, there are some useful ways to reduce wrinkles and get back the natural glow in the skin. Wrinkle fillers or dermal fillers are a great solution for people looking for a remedy to aesthetic issues.
What is wrinkle fillers?
Wrinkle fillers mainly consist of hyaluronic acid or calcium hydroxyapatite that are the same compounds that are found across human tissues and bones. These fillers mainly focus on filling in the wrinkles and provide an even appearance on the skin surface. They are approved by the FDA to be injected into the skin to treat these specific issues. These products are employed for repairing the soft tissue issues in the facial region such as moderate to aggressive skin folds, wrinkles, cheek, and lip issues. They are very useful to smoothen the issues of facial fat loss in many cases.
Wrinkle fillers can provide you with a more youthful appearance for very less cost than a traditional facelift. They will fill the fine lines, hollows, and wrinkles with a procedure that lasts for only 30 minutes. When performed under expert supervision the results can last for up to 4 months depending on specific skin type and overall health condition. They are different from Botox injections that relax the muscles below a wrinkle. Wrinkle fillers eliminate the lines to slightly more percentage as they add volume to the region by filling the chins, cheek, jawlines, lips, hands, etc.
- Wrinkle fillers will make you look young and relaxed as they work on visible signs of the aging process.
- They will aid in encouraging the growth of collagen which is responsible for young-looking skin and lost slowly during the natural aging process.
- This procedure is non-invasive, simple, and quick which takes only around 30 minutes.
- The results can be seen almost immediately after the procedure. There will be no downtime like in the case of extensive plastic surgery. You can complete the procedure withing any time relying on the number of treatment regions. You can go back to your routine tasks with minimal instructions
- While the results are dependent on the specific skin condition and experience of the practitioner, you may want to take a touch-up session at regular intervals to maintain these results. This is reliant on the experience of your practitioner in treating the specific issues. You may also just schedule a next treatment around the time where the filler has started to metabolize completely in the body.
- The majority of fillers consist of a natural skin compound that will aid the skin which is a major advantage for getting filler injections. Substances like Hyaluronic acid are already naturally occurring substances so that when they are injected, they will feel natural under the dermis.
- Another great advantage of these fillers is the appearance of natural-looking results which is the most wanted requirement of all the patients. Nobody will want to look entirely different from their earlier appearance but just a better version of themselves after the treatment. Wrinkle fillers will make people know that you are looking amazing now, but will never know if you have done any extra treatment.
- Fillers can be combined with other cosmetic treatments to get fruitful results. If the wrinkles are deeper and longer, especially on the glabella and forehead, then it can be addressed by combining them with treatment like Botox or Dysport. These products will numb the activity of muscles that are responsible for causing deep wrinkles and provide a desirable result. This combination of treatment along with wrinkle fillers is best to address the facial wrinkle concerns, especially when performed by an experienced aesthetician. With a useful combination of Botox and Dysport with fillers, patients have proven that many extensive facial treatments like surgery or facelift can be avoided in long term.
- Wrinkle filler treatment may involve some amount of discomfort which is easily manageable by the use of an anesthetic.
- While the treatment is easy, there are some risks involved especially when performed at an inexperienced center. There are instances of allergies and the development of small bumps beneath the skin that may stay permanent.
- There are instances of development of issues like bluish skin discoloration called a Tyndall effect. This color change may stay for many months but can be treated at an expert aesthetic clinic. There also chances of death in skin cells if these wrinkle fillers are not treated properly.
- Some weird and dangerous side effects like blindness, nerve paralysis, and skin scarring can be seen in the skin especially with some aggressive wrinkle fillers. While these wrinkle filler problems may not be permanent and tend to last for some months depending on the type of treatment and fillers employed. Hence, it is always key to visit an experienced therapist for performing your procedure.
- Results from wrinkle fillers can vary across every person, hence there cannot be a definite perspective on the effects and duration of the results.
- There are reported instances of other adverse effects like swelling, itching, rashes, and bruising with infections. Few patients have also experienced the movement of fillers from the treatment region over some time. Lumps that may form under the skin have the chance of blood vessel blocking in some rare scenarios.
- Every specific wrinkle will require a precise filler treatment and may cause adverse effects if the right one is not employed. Hence you have to ensure to do thorough research to connect with a board-certified skin specialist who is reliable for providing accurate treatment.
If you are looking to get an effective wrinkle filler treatment then head out to a cutting-edge aesthetic center like Alchemy West. We possess a qualified professional who provides a soothing experience with cutting-edge products and technology.