There are different types of hair removal techniques such as waxing, plucking, and shaving that are often annoying to be done frequently. Due to this, people opt for laser hair removal treatments that are the go-to alternative hair removal procedure for many years. Even if this procedure is not completely free of pain, people are choosing it due to the benefit of not having to wax or shave frequently. Laser hair removal is present in the aesthetic industry for many years but the limitations with other techniques have made it a better option in recent years. To know more about this and other advancements in hair removal, keep reading below.
About traditional hair removal from laser:
Laser hair removal is a widespread cosmetic treatment that is performed to eliminate unwanted hair for a long duration. The idea is to temporarily disable the hair follicles from generating new hair. Even this type of hair removal isn’t entirely permanent but the outcomes of laser treatments will remain for several weeks. This procedure is suited for multiple regions of the body that are tough to be accessed for shaving or waxing. But of laser hair removal treatment involves some level of pain. The procedure will have some discomfort depending on the target region and individual pain tolerance levels.
How much does laser hair removal hurt?
Laser hair removal is intended to focus on hair follicles with small and measured hot laser beams. Even though the skin will not burn due to this heat, there will be some kind of sensation similar to a rubber wand. You may also experience some amount of pain after the treatment, like redness and irritation which is identical to a minor sunburn. As mentioned above, the pain varies with precise treatment regions and sensitivity of the skin. The skin specialist will apply a numbing cream before beginning the treatment to avoid any kind of discomfort.
Is it painful than waxing?
Even though both waxing and laser are hair removal procedures, there are notable differences in their outcomes. A key difference is that waxing stays only for short time. Waxing will only remove the hair from follicles and it will regrow in few weeks. However, when you have laser hair removal done, the hair stops growing. Because the laser targets the follicles directly instead of simply removing the hair, it stops it from coming back altogether. Due to this, people prefer laser over waxing.
1. Redness and inflammation:
Laser hair removal causes injury to the follicles in the target regions. With the natural response from the body, patients will experience some amount of redness and inflammation in the affected regions.
2. Changes in skin color
Few patients will have minimal color changes to the treated region of the skin. It may be light or dark after completing the laser hair removal. Individuals with lighter skin have more chances and pieces of evidence of getting darker pigmentation changes and people with darker skin tones might face the issue of lighter pigmentation changes.
There are cases of skin crusting in the treated regions in some people that can sometimes lead to scabbing or scarring.
4. Skin infections:
Damaging the natural hair follicles with laser can lead to infections in the skin which is possible with all other cosmetic hair removal procedures.
5. Damage to the eye:
The laser hair removal treatment involves the usage of lasers that pose a risk of serious eye injury, particularly if used near the eye.
Motus AX laser treatment:
- This advanced laser treatment from Alchemy West has the best answer for beauty lovers who want to eliminate unwanted hair permanently regardless of the skin type, skin, or hair color. With the new laser hair removal technology called Motus AX, hair can be effortlessly eliminating the hair without pain. Motus AX is an advanced Alexandrite laser that is ground-breaking in several manners. It lets for pain-free laser hair removal, which was in high demand from many beauty lovers. This procedure is also safe among people with dark skin tones.
- Laser hair removal treatments that work among individuals with light skin and dark hair. It is unique with the involvement of an advanced device that has a Cooling Sapphire Cylinder Tip to send controlled beams of energy to be sent quickly and more successfully into the target region.
- The majority of individuals will need around six sessions with a gap of four to six weeks to eliminate the hair in the target region. Only some groups of hairs will be in the same growth phase and only these can absorb the pulses of laser energy into the root for causing the effect of permanent removal. With the proven benefits, the Motus AX laser will permanently remove a significant portion of hair in the target region.
- As the procedure is done, you can head to the routine activities without any kind of downtime. The targeted hair will be eliminated within a few weeks and will grow back lightly or not at all grow back. Ensure to wear broad-spectrum sunscreen if your treatment area is probable to be exposed to sun rays. It is suggested to use a washcloth or exfoliating tool at scheduled intervals to mildly exfoliate the treated region to reduce the growth of ingrown hairs.
With the advancements in aesthetic medicine, laser hair removal treatments can be done without aggressive discomfort, side effects, or downtime. Even people with darker skin tones, or sensitive skin, will be benefitted from Motus AX due to its contact cooling technology and state-of-the-art quick laser pulses, it reduces the treatment times to 50% while sending double the power without any pain. If you want your unwanted hair removed, reverse acne scars, or reduce signs of aging, ALCHEMY WEST offers the procedures that offer you genuine results. We provide several advanced technologies for skin renewal that in combination with laser hair removal, give natural results.